Call + book your appointment today 0400 063 625


We cover all general areas in Plumbing. Below are a couple of categories we want to highlight with new rules and regulations which may affect you if you require this type of work to be performed. We work closely with our clients during planning stages to determine exactly what their needs are, and design a plumbing system that will meet their needs.

During installation, we work with our customers very closely, aiming to provide installation and implementation with as minimum disruption as possible. We understand disruption can be an inconvenience and costly.

We highly recommend you contact a licenced plumber before you purchase an appliance or tapware. This is to ensure it will be suitable for your needs. We offer free quotes to assist with this.

Water pipe renewal

Your house may have existing Gal water pipes. Gal water pipes were used back in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s as your main water pipes under the floor. If you have Gal water pipes you could have some of the following problems;

  • Low water pressure , discoloured water ( brown), blockages in your water pipework.
  • Leaking water pipes

Care needs to be taken as buildings earth cables were attached to the pipework! This may need to be fixed before a plumber can assist in replacing the pipework.

If you plan on installing any new appliances and tapware we recommend you have your water pipes replaced to protect the new appliances & taps. This involves replacing the existing gal pipe with a new copper pipe or new plastic pipework.

Photo of a leaking gal water pipe

On all new water line works, a 500 KPA pressure limiting valve needs to be installed either at the water meter or in a suitable location. This is to protect the taps from high water pressure and to protect your warranty. This is a Plumbing Industry Commision regulation.

With most new tapware the manufacturers specify the maxium rated KPA (water pressure) their tap will operate at. This is normally 500 KPA.

Gas installations


 Plumbing by Tim Gas services include :

  • Gas installations are required to be tested for gas leaks before we perform any works
  • Natural Gas and LPG Gas installations.
  • Gas appliance installations, Hot water services, cooktops, oven , gas log fires and ducted heaters.
  • Gasfitting, servicing & testing in some circumstances.
  • Gas leaks checks and repairs.
  • Gas line renewals and replacement.

Photo of bubbles showing leaking gas pipe/appliance installation

Hot Water Services

There are multiple types of Hot water service units on the market. There is a type of Hot water service to suit everybody’s need whether it be a gas or electric storage tank or a gas continous flow unit. Plumbing By Tim is here to help you pick the type of unit that best suits your needs. The following regulation applies if you're living in an existing home. We may have to regulate the temperature coming into your bathroom to 50.C.

To prevent scalding, the delivery temperature of water for personal hygiene purposes (primarily bathroom taps) is legally required not to exceed:

> 45°C for early childhood centres, primary and secondary schools, and nursing homes or similar facilities for young, aged, sick or disabled persons (only a thermostatic mixing valve is acceptable to control this temperature).

 > 50°C for all other buildings (either a tempering valve may be used, or a water heater designed not to exceed 50°C which is marked, “THIS APPLIANCE DELIVERS WATER NOT EXCEEDING 50°C IN ACCORDANCE WITH AS 3498”. Restricting the delivery temperature in kitchens and laundries is optional.

Plumbing industry commission regulations

Gas Storage HWS

Gas continious flow HWS

Plumbing Advice Sheets

At Plumbing By Tim we want to give our customers the best service and advice possible. To make it easier for us we are producing advice sheets for the homeowner to eliminate the costs involved of having a plumber attend your house to fix the plumbing problems you may have.

Please check Facebook for regular updates.

Plumbing Advice Sheet 1   |     Plumbing Advice Sheet 2   |     Plumbing Advice Sheet 3 

Plumbing Reports

Do you have any concerns with the plumbing in your house? Plumbing by Tim offers a service to complete a plumbing report for your property. We crawl under your floor, check all your cupboards, check the roof space for anything that doesn’t look right. Here is sample report we have previously completed.  Page 1   |   Page 2

Compliances Certificates

Compliance Certificates are issued by licensed plumbers to certify that their plumbing work complies with all regulatory requirements. You should receive a Compliance Certificate for most plumbing work, including:

  • Where the total value of work, including materials, labour and GST, is $750 or more (material costs must be included, regardless of whether the materials were supplied by another person)
  • The installation, relocation or replacement of any Type A gas-using appliances, regardless of the cost (Compliance Certificates do not apply to Type B gasfitting work)
  • The conversion of a gas-using appliance for use with a different gaseous fuel
  • The installation, modification or relocation of consumer gas piping (other than work carried out on behalf of a gas company)
  • The construction, installation or alteration of any below ground sanitary drain or associated gullies
  • The construction, installation, alteration, relocation or replacement of a cooling tower or of any other part of a cooling tower system (including the installation or replacement of any associated device or equipment.

You should receive your Compliance Certificates within five days of completion of plumbing work. Only a licensed plumber may purchase and issue Compliance Certificates.

All work subject to a Compliance Certificate carries insurance to protect the consumer against defective work of the plumbing practitioner. You should retain your Certificate for six years as evidence of cover.

Registered Plumbing Practitioners are not able to issue Compliance Certificates and must either work under the supervision of a licensed practitioner or limit themselves to plumbing work that does not require a Compliance Certificate.

Carbon Monoxide Testing

Plumbing By Tim has a carbon monoxide tester,  where we are able to test appliances for leaks. In some situations, we may not be able to fix the problem, and the unit may need to be serviced by an approved service technican. 



We offer customers Free Quotes as small or as big as the job may be. Our Quotes include a price breakdown on the labour and materials so the customer knows where the costs are on the job. During the quote we can give you advice if required on the correct selection of appliances or tapware. We perfer doing quotes so the customer knows how much the job will cost before work commences.